Ready for Flashback Friday? Let's get to it.

I present to you Betty Hill Dance Studio's 1982 Jazz class. This was during the height of the Olivia Newton John "Let's Get Physical" years and someone over at Betty Hill had the bright idea to capitalize on our culture's love of headbands and workout gear. I hated these costumes. I wanted to wear a cool getup like we did the year before when we danced to Kool and The Gang's "Celebration." We wore sparkly tops and MC Hammer-esque pants and we rocked the house yo.
Anyhooligans, for this performance we danced to a song by Diana Ross called "Work That Body." The song kind of sucked, no one had ever heard it, and I can't remember a single step of the choreography.


For some reason I don't have an individual picture of Amy in her "Work That Body" costume. But I have this and I'm almost certain whatever dance she wore this costume for had a fuckin' lot of jazz hands in it.

Remember to dance like nobody's watchin'. We sure did.

That's the kind of good stuff that makes you hope your friend and/or sibling runs for political office! Imagine the windfall that would fatten your bank account to avoid the paparazzi getting ahold of those?
ReplyDeleteHYSTERICAL!
these are priceless
ReplyDeleteGood thing you each had one, and only one sweat band. It's well-known in professional dance circles that the right wrist sweats profusely when really gettin' down. All the jazz hands, no doubt. Awesome.
ReplyDelete